COMPANY: Vibration Production
ROLE: Production Manager
REPORTS INTO: Senior Production Manager
LOCATION: Magazine London, 11 Ordnance Cres, London, SE10 0JH
CONTRACT TYPE: 42.5 hours per week, Monday to Sunday (5 days out of 7)
WHO VIBRATION PRODUCTION ARE:
We amplify your imagination to turn it into a seamless live experience. Experts in event design and production, our team brings impact to out-of-the-ordinary spaces. Whether we’re building a festival stage or engineering a crowd-responsive light show, we make it look easy.
Our success is built on cultivating meaningful connections with clients. We are proud to be preferred partners for some of the world’s best venues such as Magazine London, Landing Forty Two and Control Room A to name a few.
Our services include event and architectural design, sound, lighting and audio-visual support, power, rigging, stage and structural builds, crew, transport, logistics and sourcing furniture and textiles, as well as show production and management.
VIBRATION PRODUCTION IS A BROADWICK COMPANY:
Broadwick is a multifaceted international company with headquarters in London who create, develop, own and operate a diverse portfolio of venues, spaces, events and experiences.
Broadwick believe in redefining spaces and how people experience music, art, culture and recreation by breaking down the traditional barriers. Their history and heritage is deeply rooted in music, building a portfolio of 20 global festivals before selling the portfolio in 2019 to focus on their growing portfolio of venues that includes Printworks London, Depot Mayfield Manchester, Drumsheds London, Exhibition London and Magazine London.
Collectively we strive to push boundaries and disrupt the cultural landscape by combining big thinking, bold ideas and commercial intelligence to produce spaces and experiences for discerning audiences in inspiring locations.
Magazine London is a state-of-the-art venue that can flex to meet the most ambitious ideas. At over 3,000 square metres, the site is one of the largest purpose-built hybrid spaces in London, with four distinctive internal spaces and a riverside Showground. At 9,700 square metres, The Showground has an outdoor capacity of up to 7,000 people and uninterrupted views of the city skyline.
From the floor-to-ceiling riverside views of Space 1, to the fully configurable ‘black box’ of Space 2, the building’s architecture reflects the industrial history of Greenwich. Built in 2019, the steel structure allows for vast and customisable use of the internal spaces, blending function with an uncompromisingly contemporary aesthetic of patinated steel, black OSB walls and polished concrete floors.
The venue has been designed with ease of use in mind, incorporating the highest-quality technical infrastructure, staging and facilities. It can accommodate up to 10,000 people across its internal and external spaces, providing an unrivalled landscape for performances, awards dinners, conferences, exhibitions, filming, fashion and ticketed culture.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As the Production Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of event production for a variety of events across Magazine London, such as exhibitions, conferences, brand activations, and awards ceremonies. The successful candidate will work closely with event planners, vendors, and staff to ensure that all events are executed to the highest standard, on time, and within budget.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Managing all aspects of event production, including the venue, vendors, equipment rental, logistics, and staff coordination.
- Working closely with event planners to develop timelines, budgets, and production plans that meet the client's needs and expectations.
- Ensuring that all equipment and supplies are ordered, delivered, and set up in a timely and efficient manner.
- Overseeing the on-site production of events, ensuring that all activities are carried out smoothly and efficiently.
- Creating and implementing thorough RAMS and event safety plans.
- Managing event staff, including scheduling, inducting and onsite coordination.
- Coordinating with vendors and contractors to ensure that all contracts are fulfilled and that all parties involved in the event are working together seamlessly.
- Managing event budgets, tracking expenses, invoicing and ensuring that all costs are kept within budget.
- Troubleshooting any issues that arise during events and work to find creative solutions that keep the event running smoothly.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism and customer service, ensuring that all clients are satisfied with the event production process.
- Developing and retaining client relationships to generate new opportunities.
- Working with the sales and marketing team to provide event specific information to help develop content and strategies.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in event production.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with vendors and contractors.
- Experience working with event production software and tools, such as Vectorworks and CRM software.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, as needed.
- Knowledge of event industry best practices and trends.
- Proficient in Microsoft/Google packages.
This is a full-time position that may require travel and work outside of regular business hours. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of event professionals and help create memorable events for clients.
NICE TO HAVES:
- First Aid
- Good Knowledge of BS7909:2011 Code of practice for temporary electrical systems for entertainment and related purposes.
- Good Knowledge of Standard Rigging Practices.
- Understanding of the legal obligations towards health and safety and the roles of all duty holders under CDM2015.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Discretionary bonus scheme of base salary.
- Paid overtime.
- 27 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Social events and free tickets to our live events.
- Competitive pension plan.
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).