JOB DESCRIPTION – MAJOR INCIDENT AND PROBLEM MANAGER
Location: United Kingdom (Remote)
Division: Ticketmaster Global
Contract Terms: Permanent
The Service Management team is part of the Ticketmaster Global Technical Operations group and is jointly responsible for ensuring optimal service delivery. The team is responsible for designing, implementing, and governing IT controls/processes to lead the pursuit of service delivery excellence.
This is a multi-discipline role within the Service Management team. Responsibilities include Incident Management (Disaster, Major, and Normal incidents), Problem Management, reporting, and stakeholder engagement.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and motivation to help drive the successful delivery of Ticketmaster products and services who understands the need for well-structured processes that are flexible enough to work in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of current and emerging technologies and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Responsible for fully validating the situation and the impact, assigning the relevant urgency of all incidents, and executing the correct level of the Incident Management process with a sense of urgency.
- Respond to support escalation for high-priority incidents as part of 24/7 on-call rotation. Work cohesively as a global team to ensure adequate cover is available in all regions globally to support the Major Incident escalation process (including but not limited to holiday and sickness cover)
- Accountable as a single source of status information, delivering clear, timely, and accurate business and technical style communications across the organization, including Technology and business stakeholders.
- Confidently lead the recovery of high-profile, major and crisis technology incidents within vast, complex environments. Focusing fully on service restoration and minimum disruption using various methodologies and management techniques.
- Take responsibility for the governance of the Incident and Problem Management end-to-end processes with cross Technology teams and external vendors, ensuring all KPIs are met and a high standard of management and reporting is consistently achieved.
- Lead and facilitate Post-incident reviews and RCA tasks for high-priority incidents.
- Support and participate in the management of Disaster Recovery and contingency tests for all Technology platforms
- Produce comprehensive incident and problem reports to all required audiences
- Driving with focus and urgency to mitigate root cause and all relevant improvement actions.
- Own all Problem Management activity for all managed incidents.
- Build and maintain customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Support Service Management team’s obligation to process ownership, operations, and governance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
- Educated to a degree level is advantageous but not essential.
- Need to have experience in working within organizations aligned to Service Management methodologies such as ITIL and ISO 20000. ITIL v3 or ITIL v4 Foundations certification is beneficial.
- Professional experience aligned to ITIL Service Management practices for Incident Management and Problem Management. Additional experience with Change Management, Request Fulfilment, Knowledge Management, and Service Availability Management is beneficial.
- Experience operating in multi-platform Technology environments.
- Problem Management responsibilities in a global organization.
- Understanding and exposure to DevOps, SRE, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and Lean.
- Should have a proven track record for delivering good customer service
- Excellent English language writing and speaking skills. Additional languages are beneficial.
- Able to effectively explain technical issues and situations in non-technical terms for business stakeholders.
- Understanding general technology concepts, networking, server management, application development, and operating systems.
- Awareness of current and emerging technologies and practices such as AWS, Cloud technology, Containerization, Database Management, CI/CD.
- Need to have experience with ITSM service management and enterprise collaboration tools.
- Knowledge of Jira, PagerDuty, Slack, DOMO, Confluence, Statuspage, LucidChart, and Google GSuite is beneficial.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills driving a global virtual resolution team with confidence and authority. An ability to gain trust and build relations at all levels with the aptitude to influence, empower, guide, and lead groups up to and including the director level.
- Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with various technical support groups.
- Work independently with limited supervision, and collaborate synchronously and asynchronously on tasks as part of a globally distributed team.
- Persistent curiosity and eagerness to discover, share, and apply knowledge about Ticketmaster teams’ dynamic business lines, practices, and technology.
- Respectfully influence various colleagues, stakeholders, and managers through explanations of facts, policies, and practices.
- Team player with a passion for service and a proven ability to work with technical and non-technical colleagues across all levels of the organization.
- Communicate clearly, transparently, candidly, and respectfully under pressure.
- Operate with focused calm and efficiency during critical and sensitive circumstances.
- Keen attention to detail, and strong organizational, customer service, and decision-making skills.
- Organize, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Take accountability for your actions and own tasks through to completion.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers, and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high-quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right.
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others.
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely.
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business, we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a ‘Fan First’ mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the ‘Fan’ you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First. #LI-JCK #LI-Remote