JOB DESCRIPTION: Technical Program Manager–Core Data Services
LOCATION: United Kingdom (remote)
DIVISION: Live Nation Corporate
CONTRACT TERMS: 40 hours per week
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and an eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling 100s of advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live events and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
The Core Data Services team is at the center of Data and Analytics initiatives leveraging data from all Live Nation Entertainment businesses. We are building a modern data platform to support enterprise data needs. Our mission, and yours too should you choose, is to empower and enable our data community of engineers, data scientists, analysts and decision makers to create value.
Our team consists of Product Management, Program Management, Platform Engineering, Data Engineering, and Operations teams. We are building a highly functional, performant, modern Data Lake while supporting our current data platforms; the focus is on maximizing functionality, creating value and content/data assets, cost optimization and usability of the data delivery and services.
Live Nation Core Data Services is looking for a world class Technical Program Manager to help engineering teams ingest multiple data sources from operations all over the world and provide a single global data platform on which our data products will be built. We need someone who can work with internal customer groups on requirements and priorities to produce reliable plans and then drive execution. This role will primarily interface with EU-based stakeholders, however, the engineering teams doing the work are located primarily in the US and India/Asia. We need someone comfortable coordinating work globally across time zones.
This is a critical role on an entrepreneurial team with the resources, exposure, and customer base of the world’s leading live entertainment company. The person we're looking for will combine passionate program management with discipline and strong technical capabilities. We need a committed leader who builds trust throughout the business. We need direct requirement and deliverable validation as part of the working model—the ability to work side by side with engineering and product teams is essential. We need someone who manages a plan schedule and org capacity, and who clearly documents success criteria and post-launch measurement requirements. This is a key role on a high-performing team, and it will be highly visible across both North American and European orgs.
With stakeholders across Live Nation Entertainment’s business, and with such broad ownership of critical data assets and platforms, we need highly technical program managers–you!–who will own planning, unblocking, and accelerating our critical data deliveries.
- Anticipate bottlenecks and use great judgment and communication to make smart trade-offs (e.g., time vs. effort vs. features); effectively negotiate while being willing to readjust priorities to ensure the right customer, technology, and engineering outcomes.
- Roll up your sleeves and personally contribute to help teams overcome challenges and deliver on time.
- Work directly in data management and storage systems such as Snowflake, Databricks, and Teradata to measure, track and manage projects through timely delivery.
- Coordinate across multiple engineering teams and charters to deliver holistic designs.
- Run agile ceremonies and be the scrum master when necessary, often for multiple engineering teams.
- Build prototypes and proofs of concept for data migration, transformation, and reporting.
- Drive cross-functional programs to optimize performance, cost, and reliability of high performance data systems.
- Track up and downstream dependencies for each data movement as per each project’s unique architecture.
- Define and execute programs delivering data as a product, including writing formal documentation such as project charters or program narratives to enable large, distributed, worldwide systems while meeting stringent privacy and compliance requirements.
- Work with Product to manage requirements, then organize technical efforts.
- Work with Engineering and Data Architects to get workable timeline estimates.
- Take large, complex projects, break them into manageable pieces, and deliver timely results.
- Coordinate project intake, estimation, and prioritization.
- Create and maintain project and program schedules, including creating and tracking metrics when needed.
- Identify and regularly communicate with up and downstream stakeholders.
- 4+ years Program Management experience, and 2+ years working with data.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering complex data infrastructure, orchestrations, and reporting tools while managing multiple priorities.
- Strong proficiency in project management tools such as Jira, Asana, and Smartsheet.
- Full competency in multiple project management methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall.
- Basic proficiency in data management and storage systems such as Databricks, Snowflake, and Teradata.
- Ability to write your own queries, test API endpoints, and build dashboards.
- Ability to understand the big picture of the project design and anticipate dependencies.
- Ability to regularly engage with senior stakeholders and influence across the organization without formal authority, especially when negotiating to resolve conflict smoothly to keep programs on track.
- Ability to innovate to deliver the originally scoped value while simplifying the initial scope assumptions within the iron triangle.
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.